Saturday, October 27, 2007

Halloween Carnival

One of the other football coaches and his wife invited us to a fun little Halloween carnival today. There was a petting zoo, pony rides, games, pumpkin painting, and of course...candy! Elise had a good time and we enjoyed visiting with our friends. We took the kids to the carnival then had BBQ together.





This is the first petting zoo I have ever seen that had a turtle!

At one point, the rabbit and the turtle were sitting side by side. I almost took a picture, because it reminded me of The Tortoise And The Hare.


When we were eating dinner, the guys started talking about the game last night and asked us if we remembered a few plays. We had to own up to the fact that we were chatting and not paying attention. They took it pretty well.


The only downside to our fun evening is that Elise's costume is not holding up very well considering how much I paid for it! She was tugging at her skirt a bit, and it actually ripped in 2 different places. I am going to have to try to sew it up so we can use the costume one more time for trick-or-treating on Halloween. So, here is my public service announcement for the day: Don't buy Halloween costumes from Gymboree!

2 comments:

NesrstaFamily said...

Oh wow, she looks great in every picture. I don't think I could pick a favorite. I love these events don't you? We took Luke and Grace to a Fall Festival today and it was so much fun. I just love her outfit. I can't wait to see Halloween pics!

ツ αngie said...

Oh gosh! That sucks that it's coming apart already! That's why I *never* let the girls wear their costumes until Halloween. Knowing MY wild bunch, they'd be destroyed!!!