- Mom bought tickets for us to all take Elise to see Disney on Ice in April. She got the VIP tickets and we are apparently going to be on the 2nd row! Yay - something to look forward to! Elise keeps asking to go back to Disneyworld, so maybe this will be a decent consolation prize.
- Dad and I saw Marley & Me yesterday - OH.MY.GOSH...it was so good, but sooo hard to watch at times. I loved how the life cycle of the dog mirrored the life cycle of the relationship. It was great, but I don't think it would be possible to watch it without crying. Marley reminded me a little bit of Bailey.
- Elise has learned to sing Jesus Loves Me and Jesus Loves the Little Children. I will have to post a video soon. It is super cute.
- We had such a fabulous meal at The Melting Pot for New Years Eve that mom has decided she wants to go try it out for her birthday. We are all taking her next Saturday as her gift.
- Elise's favorite phrase lately is, "When I was 3..." Apparently everything happened back when she was 3. And she speaks like it was just ages ago. It's pretty funny.
- We are thinking of planning a long weekend in San Antonio sometime around Spring Break. Jamie has been tempted by some cheap airfares to Vegas and a deal our timeshare is running for free room upgrades to Vegas, but I am trying to steer things more towards San Antonio. It's not that I don't love Vegas - but we were just there over the summer and it will be more fun to go back when we can take some friends along. Plus San Antonio will be much cheaper and Elise would get to join us.
- Baseball tryouts are scheduled for January 30th, so it won't be long until the season is beginning. The break has been short but nice. I think Jamie is almost ready to get back on the field.
- Jamie & I both got iPhones about a week ago and we are both totally in love with them. This is the best gadget I've ever owned, and I know Jamie loves his as well. I don't think I could ever go back to a regular cell phone again. It's worth every penny! I think mom wants one now too.
- Mom is getting a huge promotion at work and moving to a new department. The pay raise is substantial to say the least, and she won't have a carry a pager and Blackberry anymore (which equals less stress). I'm so excited for her!
A new year is amost here
7 years ago