- Jamie and I went to see 2 movies on Saturday. I can't even remember the last time we did that...it had to have been back when we were dating. We saw the new X-Men movie and Ghosts of Girlfriends Past. Two very different movies, but they were both great.
- We were invited to 2 graduation parties this weekend. We messed up the time of the first one, but made it to the second one today. One thing I really love about Jamie's job is the fact that it keeps us young. There's nothing like spending the afternoon poolside at a crawfish boil with a bunch of 18 year olds to make you feel 18 yourself. I got a little sad today, because I realized how great the kids & parents are here and how much we'll miss them all next year. So many of them came by and gave me hugs and congratulated us on the new job. The boys all got together and threw Jamie into the pool, fully clothed! I think it took pretty much the whole team to get him in, and I REALLY wish I had brought my camera.
- I am registering Elise for Kindergarten this Thursday. I can't believe it. I'm kind of sad, but also excited. I think this is going to be a really positive change for her in the fall. She will be attending the same elementary school that I attended as a child. I wonder what it will feel like to walk the halls again?
- I'm contemplating a wide range of summer activities for Elise. Swimming lessons are a must (for safety reasons), and I want her to do Vacation Bible School. My goal is to expose her to a variety of activities, so she can decide what she wants to do as she gets older. I'm going to try REALLY hard not to steer her towards athletics, because I know Jamie and I have a huge bias in that area. I want her to truly make up her own mind. We've had her in a dance class for this entire school year. She likes it, but I'm not sure that she's crazy about it. Deep down inside, I just KNOW she's going to want to be a volleyball player. ;)
- I am really craving some chocolate chip ice cream right now, and if it weren't after 9 on a Sunday night, I'd be tempted to go buy some.
- The official countdown to Jamaica has begun! 6 weeks to go...I SO need this vacation. I just feel depleted in so many ways lately. I hope the time off will allow me to recharge my batteries.
- WHY is it that I can't watch one single episode of Grey's Anatomy or Desperate Housewives without crying??? Seriously. I must be really showing my age, because I am all sappy, sentimental, and emotional all the time!
- I'm having a girls' weekend in Chicago at the end of July. I believe there are somewhere around 10 of us meeting there, and I'm totally excited! It's guaranteed to be a wonderful time. Jamie was so cool about me going - and I love him for that. :)
A new year is amost here
7 years ago