Saturday, July 12, 2008

Viva Las Vegas!

We arrived home from our Vegas vacation yesterday. It was a pretty fun time in spite of the fact that I was battling a sinus infection and suffering from side effects of my antibiotics for the entire trip. Luckily I was able to take some naps and have a good time anyway. I had my moments where I felt pretty decent in between the times when I felt horrible.

Last time Jamie and I were in Vegas it was very cold and we didn't venture out much. This time we made up for that! We went to all the Hilton properties, New York New York, Paris, The Venetian, Mandalay Bay, The Mirage, MGM Grand, Hooters, Riviera, Caesar's Palace, Excalibur, The Luxor, The Rio, The Bellagio, Planet Hollywood, and The Sahara. We saw 2 shows: Penn & Teller and Cirque Du Soleil's O. And of course we did a little bit of gambling. Neither of us are huge gamblers, but we think it's fun from time to time. The shopping in Vegas is fabulous, and I'm a bit sad that I didn't feel better in order to really hit The Forum Shops in Caesar's a lot harder than I was able (but the fact that I wasn't able probably saved us some money!). We did see quite a bit of The Miracle Mile shops at Planet Hollywood. Candace and I hit the Lucky store there and got some jeans.

As is customary for all of our trips, we had dinner at Benihana's one evening. O was absolutely amazing! I loved it, and it was the highlight of the trip for me. I highly recommend it to anyone who travels to Vegas.

It was really fun to hang out with Candace and Jeremy again and to meet Jeff and Debbie. They're all great friends to travel with. I think Jeff is the only one who won money on the trip, but none of us lost very much.

After 2 back-to-back vacations, it is SO GOOD to be home. I have had my fill of traveling for a while now. We've been going non-stop since baseball play-offs began, so it is going to be nice to get back to normal now. I really do like to be busy, but it's been too much - even for me. As a matter of fact, other than to go grocery shopping, I may not leave the house again this weekend!

1 comments:

NesrstaFamily said...

It's so good you guys got to go on a vacation with just the two of you. It looked like a blast! Good job with documenting it so quickly. I am trying so hard to do that, but I am not so successful these days.