Saturday, April 25, 2009

Sleeping Beauty

Every mother can appreciate the beauty of a sleeping child. I've always *loved* to watch Elise while she's sleeping. There is just something so peaceful, serene, and perfect about her. When she was a baby, I used to sit on the floor in her nursery next to her crib and watch her sleep every single night. While I was sitting there admiring my beautiful baby, I would think to myself how quickly she would grow up. I wanted to just freeze that moment in time & capture it so I could remember what she looked like forever.

You've probably noticed that I post a lot of pictures of Elise sleeping. I go up to her room to peek in on her every single night still to this day. Thank goodness she's a heavy sleeper!

Over the course of the years, I've gotten a lot of pictures. Some are angelic. Some are funny. Some are just downright wacky!

She slept in her swing from the time she was about 2 months old until she was 5 months old. I know, bad idea, but it was far superior to how she slept for the first 2 months - ON ME! :) I didn't know the true meaning of exhaustion until Elise came along. Oh the plight of the mommy of a reflux baby.



She went through a phase of sleeping with her arms over her head. I thought it was pretty funny.



This one is cute, but comes with a disclaimer: I didn't actually let her sleep with all those toys and a blanket when she was this small. I would keep a close eye on her and remove them once she was sleeping.



Then there was the "butt in the air" phase.



I still don't know how she managed this...



One of the few times she's fallen asleep on the couch:



Worn out after a fun-filled day at Disney! I think this might be the one and only time she's ever slept in public!



And last but not least...the picture that inspired this post! Jamie and I found Elise like this one night last week...





Sweet Dreams!!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

I love this!!! I am a HUGE sleeping picture fan. I just may have to make a similar sleeping post inspired by you!!! I think I have one with Rachel's legs out of the crib too!!!

Melanie said...

Isn't that the craziest thing?? How on earth is that comfortable??

surro said...

too cute! Love the trip down memory lane too.. <3