Saturday, March 7, 2009

What's up?

  • Lulu bit the dust. Already. A replacement Lulu was purchased yesterday. I now take back my statement in my last post where I said it was good that Lulu was living with the grandparents, since I would kill her (him, but I am humoring Elise). Apparently it doesn't make much of a difference where Lulu lives after all. I'm going to call the new fish Lulu II.
  • Jamie's JV baseball team won the championship at their tournament this weekend. I am sure it was due mostly to excellent coaching. We now have 2 tournaments down with only 1 to go. Jamie and I are both ready for them to be over.
  • We booked a trip to Jamaica this past week with Jeremy, Candace, Jeff, and Debbie. I would leave tomorrow if I could - it really just cannot get here fast enough. Unfortunately we will have to wait until summer, but it's something great to anticipate.
  • Jamie is mad that dad's Jayhawks beat Texas. I can't cheer for either one, because *someone* is going to be upset either way!
  • I was going through my summer wardrobe, because in my mind I am already packing for our trip. I discovered that I am in need of some nice, open toed shoes. I mostly live in flip flops during the summer, but I want something cute and strappy for our nights out in Jamaica. So far I haven't found anything I like. I don't want a huge heel, because I am already almost 6 feet tall. But I don't want a flat either, because they look too casual. Aren't there any cute, 1-inch heeled, summery shoes out there?
  • I'm also revamping my swimsuit collection. I want some suits that are a bit more conservative, but still bikinis. I feel like I'm beyond the days of string bikinis, in more ways than one. I ordered one cute suit from Old Navy this morning, and I want to get a few others for the trip.
  • Okay, so I know Tara has recommended Kushiel's Dart (and the whole series) as my next reading project. I have to admit, I picked it up at Barnes & Noble and began reading the first page, and I had to think WAY too hard to keep up. I ended up not buying it. Tara, you are way smarter than I! But I am thinking about reconsidering and trying again while laying on the beach this summer. Maybe I could clear my head enough to follow along? And I am getting a real kick out of the llama that pulls up on the author's home page. LMAO! It must be a sign that I should pick up this book right away.
  • Twilight is out on DVD on March 21st. I can't wait to buy it and watch it again. :) Jamie is looking over my shoulder as I type this and making fun of me for being so into this series for teenagers. What he would never admit is that he enjoyed the movie and is looking forward to New Moon. ;)
  • My friend Lisa has finally set a wedding date after being engaged for like 4 years. I'm excited for her! I am helping with the wedding planning, which is very fun as long as it's not my wedding.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

YEAH for weddings and I'm sorry that Lulu already bit it.

Jacqulyn said...

A few comments:

We had a bubbles(fish)and he lived a little too long for me, but when he died, Rachel was DEVASTATED!!! Go figure.

I loved the Twilight Series,thanks to you, and I have not had a chance to see the movie, so I will be getting it when it comes out. Thanks for the date.

Congrats on Jamaica, have fun for all of us!!!

Did I mention how much I enjoy your blog!! Thanks for having it!

Melanie said...

Thanks, Jackie! :) I didn't tell Elise about the fish - I figured why trouble her if I don't have to. I think she would have been REALLY upset.

NesrstaFamily said...

I hope you guys have a great time on vacation. You both deserve it!