Today Jamie and I are celebrating our second wedding anniversary, and it feels like a good time to remember all the reasons that I love him. So, for my love:
I love you because...
- we lay in bed and giggle together every night before we go to sleep
- Elise loves you
- we share the same values
- you devote your time to educating and mentoring teenagers (what a job!)
- you bring me cherry coke and chocolate chip cookie dough when I've had a rough day
- you believe I can do things that I don't think I can do
- you share in my successes and my failures
- you will call my dad and invite him to the movies without me asking
- you care about my feelings
- I rarely cook and you never complain
- you cook!
- you are loyal, fair, and loving...but you don't let people push you around
- we are a team
- even though you think it's silly, you don't mind if I decorate the house for Halloween
- you always ask me about my day
- and most of all, because you are my best friend
Jamie and I were talking last night (in between putting Elise back into bed 3 times - ah, the simple joys in life!), and we both feel like we've been married a lot longer than 2 years. It feels like the time before we met is a whole separate lifetime away and I was a different person. I guess in a lot of ways that is true.
Barbara De Angelis, an author and expert on love & relationships, once said, "Marriage is not a noun; it's a verb. It isn't something you get. It's something you do. It's the way you love your partner everyday."
May we continue to love one another in a way that honors our marriage for many years to come. Love you!!!